We are looking for an Interior Designer for a commercial office furniture dealership. Candidate must have exceptional attention to detail. Technical knowledge of commercial furnishings is greatly desired. The candidate should have experience in space planning for large and small commercial projects, knowledge of office furnishings and some experience in producing furniture specifications. Candidate should also have excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills, as well as immaculate attention to technical details for purposes of quality and accuracy.
We use a proprietary software program called CET to develop furniture plans in 2D and 3D and create specifications for order. We utilize this software in front of clients to develop detailed furniture plans, so technical confidence is a must with the ability to guide the design process in parallel. Experience using CET is a plus.
- Education: 4 Year degree from an Interior Design program.
- Experience: Minimum 1-2 years experience working on commercial interiors projects with some knowledge of commercial furnishings desired.
- Skills and responsibilities: Strong space planning skills.
- Strong technical skills with the desire to learn new software.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2014.
- Knowledge of commercial building codes and ADA compliance.
- Furniture inventory and building site verifications.
- Reconfigure existing furniture layouts.
- Finish selections.
- Client meetings/Programming/Design Development.
- Bid documents.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet critical deadlines in a fast paced work environment a must.
- Ability to work in a team and individual environment.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screening
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, 401K
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interior Design – Furniture: 1 year